Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake
This guilt-free strawberry shortcake is incredibly tasty, fluffy and light! It's low carb and keto friendly with only 7.3 carbs.
- 1/2 Cup (120c) Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup (118ml) Water
- 1/2 Cup (100g) Sugar Substitute
- 1/2 Cup (50g) Butter – Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups (180g) Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Halved Strawberries
- Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups (Approx 500ml) Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup (100g) Sugar Subtitute
- Tbsp Vanilla
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your wet cake ingredients. Stir in your almond flour and baking powder.
- Pour half the cake batter into a 9-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper or greased. Pour the other half in a separate 9-inch cake pan (or cook afterwards if you only have 1 pan)
- Bake at 350 for approx 25 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool while you whip up your heavy cream, sugar substitute and vanilla. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Place one cake on a plate. Cover the top of the cake with whipped cream. Then add a layer of strawberries.
- Place the second cake on top and repeat – cover with whipped cream and then more strawberries.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://ketodietcart.com/